Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Last Surgeon By Michael Palmer


I received a few books written by Michael Palmer as Christmas presents this year.

I was eagerly awaiting the ARC copy of “The Last Surgeon”. While I was waiting for it to be delivered I picked up “ The Fifth Vial” and could not put it down and so I knew that when My copy of “the Last Surgeon” arrived I needed to carve out time to have the ability to read it start to finish.

“The Last Surgeon” is based on quite a bit of research ranging from the politics of Veterans Benefits, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), neurological /psychiatric conditions, and electronic medical records/billing systems just to name a few.

This books opens the readers eyes to some cold hard realities of what the Veterans of today can go thru after serving our country. Although this book is based on fictional characters there is always an element of truth in a fiction story I believe.

Dr. Nick Garrity represents a man with a heart for Veterans who tries in his daily life to obtain care for all he can come in contact with. All this while battling PTSD and his own demons after serving his country.

As the story unfolds the reader gets to feel the dark cruel cold presence of a hired killer who actually enjoys his job and hungers for his kills.

The character Jillian is a woman who honors her instincts and beliefs. Jillian begins to investigate her loved one’s death and gets introduced to a world she never knew operated in our society. I personally identified with Jillian’s drive to make all the puzzle pieces fit together.

The book educates the reader as well as entertains.

Michael Palmer once again has written a novel of distinction!

"The Last Surgeon" will be officially released February 16th, 2010 and can be preordered  @ http://www.michaelpalmerbooks.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I just posted mine here, http://cafeofdreams.blogspot.com/2010/01/4-review-last-surgeon-by-michael-palmer.html if you want to ck it out. I can't wait to read more by Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Α portfolio is a benсhmark poгtfolio which is cοnstructeԁ busineѕs
    such thаt theгe is stіll sοme аrеаѕ wheгe there are communal
    cheeѕe caves.

    Feel free to vіsit my ωeb blog ... web marketing company

    ReplyDelete